Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Cheesecake Cookies "by Abby Sweets"

Greetings,

I LOVE trying recipes out, I often put my own spin on them. I found a recipe for Cheesecake Cookies on a blog called Abby Sweets. I love all things cheesecake, so I had to try them out. I did not have graham crackers, so I got creative and used crush Frosted Flakes and pecans. The cookies came out very good, I put caramel and chocolate chips in the middle of my cookies, however, I would recommend a fruit filling instead. A fresh strawberry puree or even preservative would be great. You definitely do not want to over bake these cookies. I had a batch I left in a little too long and they came out dry, but my second batch was PERFECT!

THE RECIPE BELOW IS COPIED FROM -April at Abby Sweets(http://abbysweets.blogspot.com/2010/10/week-1-cheesecake-cookies.html)

Cheesecake Cookies

3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
3 ounces cream cheese
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups All-Purpose Flour
Graham Cracker Crumbs, for coating

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a large bowl, beat together butter, cream cheese, and sugar. Mix in vanilla extract. Stir in the flour until well combined.

Scoop the dough and form into 1" balls. Roll in graham cracker crumbs so cookie is covered.

Place covered cookie balls onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the tops are slightly puffed.
******

THESE PICTURES ARE OF MY COOKIES :)

Hungraciously Yours,
MiMi J


No comments:

Post a Comment