Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

5 Things To Do Tuesday to Make Thursday Easier.

As a home cook, I'm guilty of over extending myself. I wake up before dawn Thanksgiving morning and begin cooking so that I can have everything freshly prepared by time my guest arrive. Well this year I plan on sleeping until 9am at least and I will still have all my food ready by dinner time, here's how.

Tuesday

1) Make a menu- So you've already done your shopping and now it's time to make your menu. Use your menu as a itinerary, the better prepared you are the smoother everything will go.

2) Get to chopping- Chopping all your vegetables will give you a huge advantage. Things like onions, garlic, celery and peppers can be cut up and stored for easy uses.

3) Prep sweet potatoes- Peel and slice your sweet potatoes, but them in a large freezer bag and sprinkle them with about 1/2 cup of sugar (more or less). Place them in the freezer until you are ready to cook them Thursday. I like slicing mine in circles, when it's time to cook them, I bake them with butter, sugar, nutmeg and a little salt.

4) Cook your corn bread - If you make corn bread dressing Tuesday is the perfect day to get it the corn bread cooked. After you cook it, break or chop it, place it in a freezer bag and refrigerate it or leave it out.

5) Cook your greens- There are some things that get better the longer they sit, greens (Collard is my preference) are one of those things. Cook your green Tuesday, but leave about 30 minutes to an hour of cook time on them. Freeze them, and when Thursday comes all you have to do is reheat them. The flavors and seasonings have time to set in and your greens will be amazing.

Check back with me tomorrow to see 5 things you can do Wednesday to make Thursday easier.



Hungraciously Yours,
MiMi J

No comments:

Post a Comment