Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

Salted Caramel Popcorn Balls with a Dark Chocolate Drizzle

I'm feeling a bit nostalgic this evening, so I made Popcorn balls like my dad use to do for me when I was a kid, except I got a little fancy.
These are Salted Caramel Popcorn Balls with a Dark Chocolate Drizzle.
Happy New Year!!
 
 
I used:
Yellow popping corn (half a stick of butter and about 1/4 cup of veg oil to pop in)
stick of butter
Sugar
Corn Syrup
1 can of sweeten condensed milk
Sea Salt
Melted Dark Chocolate(melt with a little milk for drizzle consistency)
 
You need to:
Pop your popcorn in a deep stock pot that has a lid. Let your oil and butter get hot before you pour in your popcorn. (How much popcorn to use? Enough to cover the bottom of your pot completely, eyeball it or follow the instructions on the bag.) Set your popped corn aside but make sure there are no un-popped kernels.(If there is, remove them, ya' don't want to break any ones teeth)
 
Melt your butter in a sauce pan then stir in the sugar until it's a syrup consistency. Continue to stir until it becomes caramel.(LOW HEAT) Add about 1/4 cup of corn syrup and your sweeten condensed milk and continue to stir. Pour the hot mixture evenly over your popcorn and mix together with a wooden spoon. Quickly form balls, I wore disposable gloves to protect my hands from the heat a little. Grind the sea salt over your balls and then drizzle chocolate over them. Easy right?
 
Hungraciously Yours,
MiMi J
 



No comments:

Post a Comment