Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Creamy Layered Grits

I was asked to make a breakfast dish for the teachers appreciation gathering at my daughter's school. It took me a while to come up with an idea, but when I did it was marvelous.

I present to you, Creamy Layered Grits

To get my grits creamy, I added plenty of butter, milk, white cheddar, and half a block of cream cheese. I seasoned my grits with salt and a little garlic powder. Over the grits I put a layer of scrambled eggs. Over the scrabbled eggs I put a layer of breakfast sausage the I cooked, crumbled and mixed with onions, bell peppers, parsley and minced garlic. Finally I topped this with a layer of quality smoked Gouda.

Enjoy!

Hungraciously Yours,
MiMi J







This is how I served it at the school to keep it warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment