· 1 lb Ground turkey
· ½ lb Ground chicken chorizo from Sprouts
· 3 cloves Garlic
· 1 Jalapeno pepper
· 1 14 oz. can Kidney beans, red
· 1 Red bell pepper
· 1 Green bell pepper
· 2 Roma or plum tomatoes
· 1 Yellow onion
· 1 1/2 cups Chicken stock
· 1 14 oz. can Tomato sauce
Baking & Spices
· 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
· 1 1/2 tbsp Chili powder
· 1 tbsp Paprika
· 1 Salt and pepper
Oils & Vinegars
· 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
· 1/2 tbsp Olive oil
1. Dice onion, bell peppers, jalapeno and mince garlic. Set aside.
2. In a large pot, add oil and heat to medium low, add onions and sauté around 5 minutes or so, stirring often.
3. Add minced garlic and cook, stirring often for 2 minutes.
4. Increase heat to medium or medium high and add ground turkey and chorizo, cook until browned, crumbling into small pieces (use a potato masher if desired).
5. Add diced jalapenos, bell peppers, tomatoes and sauté for 1 minute.
6. Add chicken stock, tomato sauce, and apple cider vinegar and stir.
7. Add in remaining ingredients and stir.
8. Simmer over medium-low heat for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Chili will thicken. If you notice it getting too thick for your tastes, add a splash of chicken stock as needed.
9. Turn heat off after the 40 minutes has passed and let rest on the stove for another 5 minutes before serving.
10. Optional: top with green onion, minced cilantro, diced avocado, red onion and diced tomatoes. (or whatever toppings you prefer)